Salmon in the Air Fryer is a quick and easy way to make this delicious dish. The air fryer makes the salmon quick to make and healthy and delicious to eat.
What Makes This Salmon in the Air Fryer So Good
- Super quick and easy – only 15 minutes to prep and cook
- This recipe in the air fryer stays so moist – the circulating air of the air fryer allows the outside to become lightly crisped, while keeping the inside moist and juicy.
- Few ingredients – you probably have most on hand
- Can cook fresh or frozen – add a few extra minutes onto the cook time for frozen
- Healthy – low carb and low calorie
Helpful Kitchen Items for Your Air Fryer
COSORI Accessories XL, Set of 6 Fit all 5.8Qt, 6Qt Air Fryer BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Non-stick Coating, C158-6AC, BlackAir Fryer Magnetic Cheat Sheet Set, Air Fryer Accessories Cook Times, Airfryer Accessory Magnet Sheet Quick Reference Guide for Cooking and Frying (Black)Lotteli Kitchen Reusable Silicone Air Fryer Liners 3 Pack with Air Fryer Magnetic Cheat Sheet, Easy Clean Air Fryer Accessories, Non Stick, AirFryer Accessory Parchment Paper Replacement – 8.5
What Ingredients Will I need For Salmon in the Air Fryer Recipe
- Salmon Filets – see info under “tips” below to help you choose the right filets
- Honey or Brown Sugar – either works well and adds the perfect touch of sweetness
- Salt – I like to use sea salt
- Black pepper
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce – the low sodium is a healthier choice
- Ground Ginger
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- OPTIONAL – I really love to add some dill weed to this recipe. IT is a spice that is so good with fish of any kind.
See ingredient amounts in the recipe card below.
How to Prepare Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Pat dry salmon filets with a paper towel.
- Mix together ingredients for the sauce.
- Line air fryer with aluminum foil or use a disposable pie tin
- Place filets in air fryer
- Coat each side of salmon with sauce
Cook Salmon at 370 degrees for 5 minutes
See complete instructions in the recipe card below.
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
Salmon in Air Fryer Delicious Healthy Easy
- Air Fryer
- 12 ounces salmon filet (cut into two pieces)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey (can substitute 1 tablespoon brown sugar)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- lemon (for garnish)
- Using a paper towel, pat dry the salmon filets.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix well the salt, pepper, olive oil, honey (or brown sugar), soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
- Line your air fryer with aluminum foil to catch any juices.
- Place your salmon filets in the air fryer and coat both sides of the salmon with the sauce mixture, pressing it into the fish.
- Cook at 370° for 5 minutes.
- When time is finished, remove the filets to a serving plate and spoon any juices from the foil onto the fish.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
What to Serve With This Salmon Recipe
- Serve as is with lemon slices on top
- Great with a side of steamed zucchini or squash
- Try it on top of a bed of rice
- Fettuccini with butter and garlic or alfredo sauce is extra yummy when topped with this amazing air fryer salmon.
- Serve as a topping for a fresh garden salad.
Tips for Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Choose salmon filets that are close to the same size to assure they will cook to the same doneness.
- Pick salmon that is a nice, bright pink color, free from dark spots and blemishes. I like to get wild caught salmon because it is healthier than farm-raised. It does cost more and can sometimes be harder to find but so worth the effort.
- Make sure you pat dry your salmon well before cooking to help the sauce to adhere better.
Questions About Salmon in the Air Fryer
Can I use frozen salmon filets in this recipe?
Frozen salmon can be used. Rinse the frozen filets under cold water to remove any ice crystals. Allow the salmon to cook for several minutes longer to be sure it cooks thoroughly.
Should I use skin on or skin off salmon filets?
Either way will work just fine in this recipe. Skin on is usually less expensive. I have three dogs, so have no problem disposing of the skin after cooking. And, it’s good for them. I’m sure if you have a cat, he or she would be equally happy to receive this treat.
What temperature should the salmon be when it is the correct doneness?
Salmon should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the salmon to get an accurate temperature. Your salmon will be an opaque pink color and flake easily.
How do I store any leftovers?
Although leftovers will be highly unlikely, they can be stored. This salmon will keep for about three days when stored in a closed container in your refrigerator. We like to mix leftover salmon with a little cottage cheese, plain yogurt and lemon juice to make a great tasting dip to serve with crackers. Try adding chopped green onions and a dash of hot sauce for added zip.