Grab your fork and dive into this strawberry swirl cheesecake. Buttery graham cracker crust, rich creamy cheesecake that is swirled with fresh strawberries! An Instant Pot strawberry swirl cheesecake, that is so decadent.
The Instant Pot is the perfect way to cook a homemade strawberry cheesecake. You get that velvety texture in the cheesecake, without over-baking it as you could in the oven.
Why Make This Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Simple Ingredients
- Hands-Off Cooking
- Real Strawberries
- A homemade cheesecake that tastes just like a bakery
Ingredients Needed for Strawberry Cheesecake
- Vanilla Wafers
- Brown Sugar
- Fresh Strawberries
- Granulated Sugar
- Corn Starch
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Powdered Sugar
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries Instead
If you want you can use a frozen strawberry instead of fresh. The biggest thing is you need to thaw and drain the berries so they don’t release too much liquid to your cheesecake.
Alternative To Vanilla Wafer Crust
You can absolutely use a graham cracker crust instead of the vanilla wafer crust. I just enjoyed the sweetness from the cookies instead of the buttery graham cracker crust.
You would bake the same way if you swapped to a golden graham cracker crust.
Best Pan To Use For Instant Pot Cheesecake
This recipe for strawberry swirl cheesecake is best to use a push pan or springform pan. You will find you can buy your pans at a local store or on Amazon.
The cheesecake needs to fully be covered with aluminum foil tightly so no condensation gets into the cheesecake.
How to Make Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
** Note – Complete printable recipe card below.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar and wafers to make crust. Press crust in pan and place in freezer.
- Make strawberry filling for swirl.
- Mix together cream cheese,flour and sugar.
- Add vanilla, sour cream and eggs.
- Pour half of the cream cheese filling into prepared pan. Add dollops of strawberry filling and swirl. Pour remainder of cream cheese filling over top and repeat with dollops of strawberries and swirl.
- Cook in Instant Pot.
- Make icing and decorate as desired.
- Make sure to use softened cream cheese, otherwise the texture will not be creamy.
- Do not overmix once you add egg into the batter.
- If you overmix the batter it will create air pockets that pop when being cooked and crack.
- Allow your cheesecake to cool an hour on the counter before you refrigerating.
Can I Use Other Fruit
If you want to change up the fruit used in the strawberry swirl go right ahead. Blueberry, cherry, raspberry, all would be tasty in replace of the strawberry. Or consider adding in a secondary fruit for added flavor.
Do you need to allow cheesecake to cool once cooked?
Cheesecake does need to chilled once it has cooled. You will let your cheesecake cool for around an hour. Then cover and chill in the refrigerator for around 6 hours or overnight.
If you don’t allow your cheesecake to cool, it will not be the right texture.
How to know when Instant Pot strawberry cheesecake is done?
To know when your cheesecake is done it will jiggle just barely in the center when you lightly shake it. If you find it has a lot of jiggle you need to cook it a bit longer. The internal temperature needs to be 150 degrees.
Can you freeze cheesecake?
If you don’t plan to eat your cheesecake all right away, you can freeze it for up to three months. Just place in a proper air tight container and store.
Instant Pot Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Instant Pot
- 8 inch springform cheesecake pan
- 2 c vanilla wafers crushed fine
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
Cheesecake Filling and Strawberry Swirl
- 2 c fresh strawberries diced
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoon corn starch
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¾ c sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 3 lg eggs
- 4 tablespoon cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 drops red food color
- With fork or food processor, combine crushed vanilla wafers, butter and brown sugar until the consistency of wet sand.
- Cut a circle out of parchment paper to fit bottom of cheesecake pan. With non-stick cooking spray, coat sides and bottom of the pan. Fit paper liner into bottom of pan and lightly spray top of paper. With paper towel, wipe any excess spray from sides of pan.
- Press wafer mixture into bottom of pan and up the sides about ½ inch. Using the bottom of a drinking glass can help to press the bottom evenly.
- Place crust in the freezer while preparing filling.
- Add strawberries, ¼ cup granulated sugar, cornstarch and water to heavy saucepan. Simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens and strawberries are soft. Mash strawberry mixture with hand potato masher. Mixture will resemble strawberry jam. Set aside to cool while making cheesecake filling.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, flour and sugar on low speed until smooth.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix on low until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low after each addition.
- Remove crust from freezer. Pour half of cheesecake mixture into crust.
- Drop half of strawberry filling by spoonfuls across cheesecake filling. Swirl with butter knife.
- Pour in remainder of cheesecake filling and repeat strawberry spooning and swirling on top.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Place cheesecake pan an the trivet that comes with the pot and carefully lower it into the pot.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and seal according to your Instant Pot instructions.
- Set on high and cook for 35 minutes. Allow to cool to low 15, then manually release remaining steam. The center of cheesecake will jiggle slightly when it is done. If the whole cake jiggles, return to pot and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Using a paper towel, remove any water that has gathered on top from the steam.
- Cool for one hour and then you can add icing around the top edges if desired. I used a 2D icing tip. There are many YouTube videos that can show you how. It's very simple. I am NOT a cake decorator in any way. This is a good tutorial. https://youtu.be/_ABeWSEUEj0
Icing For Decorating
- Whip butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add drops of red food coloring one at a time, until you reach the shade of your choice. I added two drops.