Fresh Raspberry Blueberry Danish is the kind of dessert that is easy to make but looks like it took great effort. And, it is as delicious as it is beautiful. Great comfort foo dessert that is awesome for family or special guests.
Raspberry Blueberry Danish
- 3/4 c cottage cheese
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 lg eggs separated
- 2 tsp lemon peel grated
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c raspberries fresh
- 1 c blueberries fresh
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- Process cottage cheese in a blender or food processor till smooth.
- Transfer cottage cheese mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add milk, oil, vanilla, and sugar to the bowl. Mix with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix on medium speed until a soft dough forms. Dough will be very soft.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead 5-6 times, forming a ball. Place in covered bowl and chill for approx. 30 minutes while you prepare the filling.
Filling and Pasty Finish Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add lemon zest, egg yolks and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Turn dough out onto a 13x17 inch piece of parchment paper. Roll out to a 12x16 size.
- Leaving dough on parchment paper, transfer both to a flat baking sheet.
- Spread filling mixture down length of dough in a 3-1/2 in width, stopping about 1/2 inch before each end.
- Sprinkle raspberries and blueberries across the filling.
- On the long edges, cut 1-inch strips, going about 3-1/2 inches in toward the center.
- Fold strips, at an angle, alternating sides, in toward the center, overlapping each one. Pinch each short end and fold under.
- Add 1 tbsp. water to one egg white and whip with a whisk or fork to combine. Brush egg white mixture over dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Lemon Glaze Instructions
- Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over cooled danish.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.