Luscious, creamy lemon cheesecake swirled with fresh blueberries and cooked in your Instant Pot. Couldn’t be easier or more delicious! You may never want to make cheesecake the traditional way again! I certainly don’t. This Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake looks fancy and complicated but it’s really easy and quick.
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
- 8 in. Springform Cheesecake Pan, parchment paper
- 2 c. crushed graham crackers
- 8 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 24 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp. lemon juice approx. 2 large lemons
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 3 lg. eggs room temp. (separate yolks from whites)
- 1 c. fresh blueberries
Lemon Blueberry Topping
- 3 lg. eggs mixed together with fork or whisk
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 c. fresh blueberries
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and brown sugar until the consistency of wet sand.
- Cut parchment paper to fit bottom of cheesecake pan. Place in bottom of pan and lightly spray paper and sides of pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place graham cracker mixture in bottom of pan and spread evenly. Press mixture into bottom and approx. 1/2 in. up sides of pan.
- Chill in freezer while preparing filling.
- In large mixing bowl, on low speed, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth and totally combined. Scrape bowl throughout mixing to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add sour cream, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix on low to combine.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Gently fold blueberries into batter.
- Remove crust from freezer and evenly pour batter into pan.
- Place trivet included with instant pot into bottom of pot.
- Add 1 c. of water to bottom of instant pot.
- Gently lower cheesecake pan onto trivet.
- Place lid on instant pot and using the instructions that came with the pot, lock lid and seal.
- Cook on high for 35 min.
- Release pressure on pot and remove cheesecake pan. The cheesecake will be done when it only jiggles a bit. Cheesecake will have some water around edges. Using a paper towel, wick up the water.
- Chill cheesecake for several hours or overnight.
Lemon Blueberry Topping
- In med. saucepan, over med-low heat, stir together eggs, sugar, juice and zest with a wooden spoon until creamy and smooth.
- Turn heat to low and continue to stir until mixture thickens and coats the back of spoon. (4-5 min.)
- Add butter and stir well.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Spread on top of the cheesecake and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
- It is important to use a wooden spoon when making the topping as metal utensils can cause a chemical reaction with citrus. Also, metal conducts heat differently and may affect the outcome.
- Using a low speed on the mixer will help to incorporate air better in the cheesecake, resulting in a lighter cake.