Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup is amazingly rich and flavorful. Just the thing for a chilly Autumn or Winter day.
What Makes Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup so Amazing
- intense flavor
- easy to prepare
- quick to cook in the Instant Pot
Ingredients Needed to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
- ground beef
- ground sausage
- can diced tomatoes
- beef broth
- Italian seasoning
- hot sauce
- red pepper flakes
You can certainly get creative with this recipe for Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup to make it your own. Some possible ideas:
- Substitute ground turkey or ground chicken for the ground beef
- Use Italian sausage
- If you have fresh tomatoes in your garden, use those in place of the canned.
- Use brown rice instead of white.
- Basmati and Jasmine are good rice choices also
- Try adding on a few fresh herbs, like, Thyme, Rosemary or Cilantro
- I like to use a combination of peppers for color but you can just use one type if desired.
Equipment Needed to Make This Soup
- Instant Pot 6 or 8 quart definitely go for the larger one, you won’t be sorry
How to Make this Stuffed pepper Soup in the Instant Pot
- Saute both meats along with garlic, hot pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and onions for 10 minutes. No need to drain off fat. It will give more flavor.
Add in the beef broth and stir so that the bottom is deglazed.
Add in the peppers, hot sauce, tomatoes and rice. Stir.
Place lid on pot, seal and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. Allow to sit for 6 minutes, then release pressure.
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- shredded mozzarella, cheddar or parmesan cheese
- chopped chives
- chopped basil
- chopped parsley
Store the soup in the refrigerator for up to one week in a covered container. Just heat and serve.
Can the Stuffed Pepper Soup be Frozen.
You can freeze the soup. Place in a freezer storage bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. I like to freeze in individual serving sizes. This way if one person in the family needs to grab something to eat between activities, it makes it so easy to grab, thaw under hot wat or in the microwave and eat.
Thawing and Serving
The soup can be thawed under hot water or in the microwave. If you have enough time, simply thaw in your refrigerator overnight.
- If soup is too thick after storing or freezing, simply add a bit of beef broth, chicken broth, vegetable broth or tomato juice to it. The thickness comes from the rice absorbing the liquid.
- Be sure to rinse your rice before adding to the soup to remove excess starch.
- If using leftover already cooked rice, add it in after the soup has cooked.
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- instant pot, measuring cups, measuring spoons, cutting board, knives
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground sausage (we used italian choizo to add a little spice))
- 1 1/4 cup white rice
- 4 lg peppers (diced; we used 1 each of green, red, yellow and orange)
- 1 sm onion diced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 64 oz beef broth
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp red hot
- 1 tsp pepper flakes
- in instant pot saute meat along with garlic, hot pepper flakes, italian seasoning and onions. cook for 10 minutes or until meat is done then turn instant pot off.
- add in the beef broth and stir so that the bottom is deglazed.
- add in and stir all peppers, diced tomatoes, hot sauce and rice.
- put lid on instant pot and set pressure lever to seal. cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- let sit in pot for 6 minutes and then release pressure.