Instant Pot Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup is so smooth, creamy and cheeesy good, just like the one you buy in the restaurant
What Makes This Instant Pot Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe So Good
- Easy and quick in the Instant Pot
- Creamy with the addition of half and half
- Cheesy thanks to the cheddar
- chicken broth
- cheddar cheese
- half and half
How to Make Broccoli Cheddar Soup in the Instant Pot
- set instant pot to saute, add butter
- saute onions
- add carrots/saute
- add broccoli, chicken broth, garlic and seasonings
- close pot and cook for 3 minutes
- stir in half and half and cheese
- thicken with the cornstarch mixture if desired
Helpful Items for Making this Cheesy Soup
This cheesy, delicious is so yummy just as is, but if you like, you can change things up a bit:
- substitute a lower fat milk for the half and half
- add in another cheese, such as, munster, swiss or pepper jack
- try adding in some cauliflower florets along with the broccoli
- add a bit of hot sauce for added zing
- add in some cooked chicken
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot
- 4 ounces butter (can use 2 tablespoons cooking oil)
- ½ medium onion (diced)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 large carrot (shredded)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (mixed with 1 tablespoon water) *this is optional if you like a thicker soup
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode. Allow it to get hot, and then add in your butter.
- Once hot, add in your onions. Sauté for about 3 minutes until they are softened.
- Add in your carrots. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add in your broccoli, chicken broth, garlic, and seasonings.
- Close the lid on your Instant Pot. Close the sealing valve by pushing it away from you. Set for 3 minutes.
- Once the time is completed, do a quick release by opening the sealing valve. Once the pressure has been fully released, open the lid.
- Add in your cheese and half and half cream. Mix well until the cheese is fully melted and well incorporated.
- If you choose to add in your slurry for a thicker soup, stir while slowly pouring in your slurry. Do this until all of your slurry is mixed in.
- Transfer to your soup bowl and enjoy! You top with bacon or more cheese. Enjoy with a sandwich, salad, or as is! Enjoy!
More Copycat Recipes