A Crescent Taco Ring is the perfect dish to serve at family get-togethers, cookouts, or as a main dish for a quick dinner for the family. A taco Ring is always welcome for your Super Bowl Parties or covered dish dinners. It’s quick to throw together and most kitchens will have many of the ingredients on hand.
Easy Crescent Taco Ring
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cans (8 oz) crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and chopped onion in a large frying pan over medium heat until meat has lost its pink color.
- Drain any grease and return the meat to pan.
- Add the water and taco seasoning mix
- Continue to heat until mixture thickens and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Open cans of rolls, unroll dough and separate into triangles.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the wide sides of the triangles in the center with the tips overlapping, forming a sunburst design. The longer tips of the triangles should face out. This will leave a circle in the center. Spoon the beef around the overlapping portions of the dough to form a large circle. Spoon the beef around the overlapping portions of the dough to form a large circle. Top the beef mixture with the cheddar cheese. Pick up the outer point of a triangle and lay it over the top of the meat and cheese. Tuck the point underneath the inside of the circle of dough so the meat and cheese are covered. Continue this around the circle until all the outer points are folded over and tucked into the center. Pick up the outer point of a triangle and lay it over the top of the meat and cheese. Tuck the point underneath the inside of the circle of dough so the meat and cheese are covered. Continue this around the circle until all the outer points are folded over and tucked into the center.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for approx. 18 minutes or until the taco ring is golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve with your toppings of choice.
SUGGESTED TOPPINGS FOR TACO RING:
- green onions
- shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- green olives
- black olives
Why Crescent Roll Taco Ring Is An Awesome Recipe
- Taco Roll Ring is a welcome dish for game day, New Year parties or last-minute get-to-gathers.
- This Mexican flavored recipe is quick and easy.
- Budget-friendly recipe.
- Makes a perfect presentation on your table.
- Many ingredients are already on-hand.
- Kids and adults alike love this Taco Ring.
What Cheese Can I Use With This Crescent Ring Recipe?
Cheddar cheese, either sharp or mild is the most popular cheese to use but most any type will work well, according to your preference. Try jalapeno cheese, mozzarella or Swiss. Or, mix several together.
Can I Use Any Other Meats On A Taco Ring?
Oh, yes. Some people prefer diced chicken or shredded pork.
Fun Idea For Serving A Crescent Taco Ring
Serve some of your toppings from the center of the ring. A bowl of salsa placed in the center and corn chips on the side is a perfect look.